Sponsored Research Office
QEERI Sponsored Research Office (SRO) is in charge of pre and post Award operation for all sponsored projects. SRO is aligned with QEERI’s mission to build and develop world class, state-of-the-art, multi-disciplinary research capabilities in support of energy and water security Grand Challenges Research. It provides services mainly in the following areas:
Pre-Award Team provides important services to help principal investigators prepare, review and submit competitive proposals for external funding. This includes but not limited to:
- Coordinate the internal review of proposals
- Vetting and submitting of proposals in compliance with funding agencies guidelines.
- Negotiate and accept grants, contracts and subcontracts that support sponsored projects.
- Prepare, negotiate and issue sub-awards with collaborators.
- Assist QEERI researchers in resolving any issues related to the terms and conditions of grants during the preparation of research proposals.
The Post-Award Team provides a comprehensive post-award administration services that covers the lifetime of the project from award announcement to project closure. This includes but not limited to:
- Manage the finance of the sponsored projects
- Manage reporting and ensure compliance with sponsor’s policies and grants/ projects specific terms and conditions
- Provide periodic financial reporting to the project’s Principal Investigator (PI)
- Work with project PI to ensure timely reporting
- Manage the monitoring of project activities during the life of the award
- Manage hiring on grants
- Ensure compliance with QF policies and procedures
- Manage audits as required by Qatar Foundation and sponsors
- Serve as the main point of contact with sponsors, collaborators, Executive Director Office, QF Finance, legal office and other entities as deemed necessary.