The HBKU Research Complex
Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU) world class Research Complex (RC) houses the three HBKU research institutes – Qatar Environment and Energy Research Institute (QEERI), Qatar Computing Research Institute (QCRI), and Qatar Biomedical Research Institute (QBRI).
The RC consists of both office and laboratory spaces. The RDC will be completed over a number of phases. The first phase is called the Integrated Sciences phase and comprises of an area of 45,000 m2. The South Building (offices) was completed in December 2015, and the North Building (Labs) is scheduled to be completed by Spring 2017. This complex, located in Education City - Doha, has a collection of research capabilities allowing the QF research community to tackle scientific challenges from different angles and provide high value analytical and technical expertise in areas of their respective research.
QEERI capabilities of the different laboratories include:
- Membranes Development and Analysis Laboratories
- Environmental Analytical Chemistry and Subsurface Science Laboratories
- Silicon Growth Laboratory
- Thin Film Growth Laboratory
- The Perovskite Photovoltaics (PV) Laboratory
- Geospatial Information Systems Laboratory
- Smart Grid and renewable energy integration Laboratory.
- Energy Storage Cleanroom Laboratories
- Chemical Imaging and Characterization Laboratories
- Catalysis, Chemical Synthesis and Processing Laboratories
- Synthetic & Molecular Chemistry and Chemical Processing Laboratory
- High Performance Computing and Data Storage Capabilities