Dr. Zhaoyang LiuSenior Scientist | Materials Science and Engineering
Membrane based technologies used for seawater desalination, wastewater reuse, oil/water separation, lithium battery, fuel cell and capacitor at laboratorial and industrial scales.
- PhD in Environmental Engineering, Dalian University of Technology, China (2005)
After Ph.D graduation from Dalian University of Technology, China in 2005, Dr. Liu worked at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore since 2006. As the supervisor of PhD students at NTU, Dr. Liu leads the research on developing advanced membranes and functional materials for water treatment and energy storage, as well as transferring technologies from lab to industry. Since 2014, Dr. Liu joined QEERI as Senior Scientist leading the tasks on building state-of-art membrane fabrication and test technologies for seawater desalination, wastewater reuse, oil/water separation and energy storage at both lab and industrial scales.
- Song, X.X., Zhaoyang Liu* and D.D. Sun (2013). Energy Recovery from the Brines of Seawater and Wastewater Using Thin-film Nanofiber Composite Pressure Retarded Osmosis Membranes. Energy and Environmental Science, 6(4), pp1199-1210.
- Liu, Zhaoyang. H.W. Bai, J. Lee and D.D.Sun (2011) “A Low-Energy Forward Osmosis Process to Produce Drinking Water” Energy and Environmental Science, vol. 4, pg. 2582-2585.
- Song,X.X.; Zhaoyang Liu* and D.D. Sun (2011) “Nano Gives the Answer: Breaking the Bottleneck of Internal Concentration Polarization with Nanofiber Composite Forward Osmosis Membrane for High Water Production Rate“ Advanced Materials, Volume 23, Issue 29, 2 August 2011, Pages 3256-3260.
- Liu Zhaoyang, D.D. Sun, P. Guo and J. O. Leckie (2007) “An Efficient Bicomponent TiO2/SnO2 Nanofiber Photocatalyst Fabricated by Electrospinning with a Side-by-Side Dual Spinneret Method” Nano Letters, Vol 7 (4) pg 1081-1085.