Dr. Zhaohui CenElectronic Engineer | Measurement Science and Analytics
Dr. Cen’s research interest is in the field of measurement and control, and his current research at QEERI focuses on Smart Microgrid for Renewable Energy Integration based on power electronics and embedded system technologies.
- Ph.D, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, P.R. China (2007~ 2011)
- Master of Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, P.R. China
- Bachelor of Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei, P.R. China
Prior to joining QEERI, Dr. Cen has worked as a Research Associate on thrust-vectoring control of aircrafts at University of Lincoln, UK, and a Research Associate on power electronics reliability of Hybrid Electric Vehicles and visualization simulation for next-generation smart-grid at University of Sheffield, UK. He has also worked as a Post-doctor RA at UAE University, Al Ain, UAE, and a Post-doctor Research Fellow at Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China.
- Best paper Award in CCIT 2014, London, UK.
- Ph.D student’s international exchange funding of HUST, 2011
- Ph.D student’s international exchange funding of HUST, 2010
- Best Outstanding graduate student of HUST in top 10, 2007
- Best paper Award of graduate in HUST, 2006
- Z. Cen. An Ultra-Fast Maximum Power Point Setting Scheme for Photo-Voltaic arrays. International Journal of Photoenergy. Article ID 424628, in press, 2015.
- Z. Cen, H. Noura, Al Younes. Systematic Fault Tolerant Control based on Adaptive Thau Observer Estimation for Quadrotor UAVs [J] ,International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science (AMCS), 2015, Vol. 25, No. 1, 159–174.
- Z. Cen, Tim Smith, Paul Stewart and Jill Stewart. Integrated flight/thrust vectoring control for jet-powered unmanned aerial vehicles with ACHEON propulsion [J]. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part G: Journal of Aerospace Engineering, July, 2014, DOI: 10.1177/0954410014544179.
- Z. Cen, J. Wei and R. Jiang, A Grey-Box Neural Network based Model Identification and Fault Estimation Scheme for Nonlinear Dynamic Systems[J], International journal of neural system. 23(6), 2013, 1350025. (Currently IF=6.056 and a rank of 3 out of 111 in the Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence category).