Dr. Vinod MadhavanScientist | Imaging, Characterization and Analytics
Dr. Vinod’s research activities focus on emerging thin film based (perovskite, CZTS) and crystalline Silicon based solar cells and device fabrication. He is interested in the structural, optical and interface dynamics of photovoltaic devices and novel optimization methods. He is in charge of X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS), Auger Electron Spectroscopy (AES), FTIR, FT-Raman and various other tools in the ICA group and involved in setting up experimental facilities.
- B.Sc. in Physics, University of Calicut, India .2003
- M. Sc.in Physics, Barkatullah University, India. 2005
- M. Tech. in Material Science, Barkatullah University, India. 2007
- Ph.D. from Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India. 2013
Dr. Vinod Madhavan studied spectroscopic and electrical properties of Se doped phase change memory materials for his Doctorate. After finishing Ph.D. in 2013, he continued as a postdoctoral Research Associate at Indian Institute of Science until joining QEERI in May 2014. He studied extensively the structural, thermal and optical properties of semiconductor/amorphous materials using XPS, XRD, DSC, FTIR and Raman spectroscopy. He has 22 publications in peer reviewed international journals and presented papers in 18 conferences.
- Senior Research Fellowship (Ministry of Human Resource Development, India) 2008-2013
- UGC Meritorious Fellowship (University Grants Commission, India) 2009-2013.
- Best presentation awards at IUMRS-ICA, Bangalore, India. 2013
- Best poster presentation awards at ICOOPMA, Budapest, Hungary. 2010
- Vinod E. Madhavan, Iwan Zimmermann, Cristina Roldán-Carmona, Giulia Grancini, Marie Buffiere, Abdelhak Belaidi, Mohammad Khaja Nazeeruddin, “Copper Thiocyanate Inorganic Hole Transporting Material for High Efficiency Perovskite Solar Cells”, ACS Energy Letters, 1 (2016), 1112.
- Brahim Aissa, Rima J. Isaifan, Vinod E. Madhavan, Amir A. Abdalla, “Structural and physical properties of the dust particles in Qatar and their influence on the PV panel performance”, Scientific Reports, 6 (2016), 31467.
- E. M. Vinod, K. Ramesh, K. S. Sangunni, Structural transition and enhanced phase transition properties of Se doped Ge2Sb2Te5 alloys, Scientific Reports, 5, 8050, 2015.