Dr. Viktor KochkodanScientist | Materials Science and Engineering
Pressure-driven membrane processes (reverse osmosis, nanofiltration, ultrafiltration and microfiltration) in desalination and water treatment; Development of innovative polymeric membranes with special functions: (bio)fouling resistant, self-cleaning, catalytic and molecular recognizing; Combination of ion exchange/adsorption/coagulation/photocatalysis with membrane processes of water treatment; Waste water reclamation/reuse and aquatic chemistry.
- Master’s Degree on Chemical Engineering, Kyiv University, Ukraine, 1983
- Ph.D. on Colloidal Chemistry, Institute of Colloid and Water Chemistry of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv, 1988
Dr. Kochkodan received my PhD in 1988 in the area of the development of polymeric membrane filters with different chemically modified surface for various applications in water treatment. Thereafter he served at the Institute of Colloid and Water Chemistry of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, University of Nottingham (UK) and at Swansea University (UK). His main research focuses on development of innovative polymeric membranes with special functions: (bio) fouling resistant, self-cleaning, catalytic and selective molecular recognizing. Having been working for a long time at academia Dr. Kochkodan has gained a solid experience in using of reverse osmosis, nanofiltration, ultrafiltration and microfiltration in combination with other advanced water treatment techniques such as ion-exchange, adsorption, coagulation and photocatalysis for water purification from different organic and inorganic pollutants: phenolic compounds, heavy metals, herbicides, humic substances, dyes, for oil-water separation, development of integrated technologies of brackish water desalination to produce potable water and valuable mineral components from brine. The obtained results have been published in more than 60 papers in peer refereed journals and in 5 invited book chapters, as well as in 12 patents.
- V. Kochkodan and N. Hilal. A comprehensive review on surface modified polymer membranes for biofouling mitigation, Desalination, 2015, v. 356, p. 187-207.
- V. Kochkodan, D. Johnson, N. Hilal. Polymer membranes: Surface modification for minimizing (bio)colloidal fouling. Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, 2014, v. 206, p.114-140.
- H. Al Abdulgader, V. Kochkodan, N. Hilal. Hybrid ion exchange – Pressure driven membrane processes in water treatment: A review. Separation and Purification Technology. 2013, v. 116, p. 253–264.
- B.S. Lalia, V. Kochkodan, R. Hashaikeh, N. Hilal. A review on membrane fabrication: Structure, properties and performance relationship. Desalination, 2013, v. 326, p.77-95.