Dr. Sarim DastagirSenior Scientist | Imaging, Characterization and Analytics
• Sustainable Energy Related Catalysis • Ligand Designing and Homogeneous Catalysis • Heterogeneous and Immobilised Catalysis • Catalyst Separation, Recovery and Recycling • Small Molecule (CO2, N2, CH4, H2O) Activation and Utilisation • Olefin Polymerisation & Oligomerisation, Hydroformylation, C-C bond formation, • Hydrogen Production & Hydrogen Economy • Waste Management • Catalytic EOR
- MSc. (Heterogeneous Catalysis), Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, 1999
- MPhil. (Heterogeneous Catalysis), Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, 2001
- DPhil. (PhD) (Homogeneous Catalysis), University of Oxford, Oxford, 2005
Dr Dastgir (sam) has more than 15 years of teaching and R&D experience in technology development for downstream petrochemical industry. He holds his expertise in catalyst synthesis, screening and process development. Sam earned his DPhil. from Inorganic Chemistry Laboratory, University of Oxford with thesis in Catalysis. Over the years, he held various research positions on materials and catalytic process development. Sam is also an entrepreneur with experience in technology development and commercialisation for diverse application in upstream, downstream petrochemical and construction chemical industry. Prior to his employment at Qatar Foundation, he was a Research Assistant Professor in Applied Chemistry and Catalysis at Sultan Qaboos University, Oman. His research-experience and expertise spans a wide range of topics in material synthesis and catalysis. Sam is team lead for NMR facility at QEERI with expertise in analytical Instrument design, methodology development and troubleshooting. Sam is also a member at Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC), American Chemic Society (ACS), Canadian Society for Chemistry (CSC), The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) and a Scientific Review Panel member for various organisations.
- Development of Metal Oxide Materials for Water Oxidation and CO2 Activation (2014-2016)
- Development of Zinc Oxide nanostructures for high efficiency solar cells (2014-2016)
- Industrial Grants, Gulf International Chemicals, (SAOG), Sultanate of Oman (2012-2014)
- His Majesty Strategic Research Grant (2012-2016)
- Internal Grant for Catalytic Polyolefinic Material Development, Sultan Qaboos University (2012-2014)
- NSERC, Industrial Research and Development Fellowship (IDRF) (2011-2013, declined)
- DPhil. Thesis award, Lady Margaret Hall, University of Oxford, (2005)
- Larocque, T. G.; Dastgir, S.; Lavoie, G. G. Organometallics 2013, 32, 4314.
- Dastgir, S.; Lavoie, G. G. Dalton Trans. 2012, 41, 9651.
- Dastgir, S.; Coleman, K. S.; Cowley, A. R.; Green, M. L. H. Organometallics 2010, 29, 4858.
- Catalytic ligand complexes and polymerization processes using same, G. G. Lavoie, S. Dastgir, B. C. Skrela and T. G. Larocque. WO 2011/156921 A2, 121 pp