Dr. Rita ChamounScientist | Energy Storage
Dr. Rita Chamoun research interest is mainly related to the study of advanced materials with high electrochemical performance for application in energy storage. Her work is focused on investigating different deposition techniques such as Electrodeposition, dip coating and spin coating for the elaboration of films of such materials for application as electrodes for Li-ion and Na-ion batteries.
- Undergraduate studies on Physics. Lebanese University, Lebanon. 2005.
- Master’s Degree on nanomaterials. Lebanese University,Lebanon. 2007.
- PhD on Material Sciences. University of Claude-Bernard,France. 2010
Dr. Rita Chamoun received her PhD degree in “Physics and chemistry of materials for energy applications” from Claude-Bernard University-France in 2010. She has been working as a Scientist for Energy in QEERI since 2011 where she had the opportunity to work on many projects related to solar energy, carbon footprint and energy storage while supervising many QSLP trainees. Prior to that, she worked as lecturer at Notre Dame University in Lebanon where she taught undergraduate courses in General physics, Modern Physics and Electricity and Magnetism.
- Qatar National Research Fund, National Priority Research Program, 2013.
- Cyclic Dehydrogenation–(Re)Hydrogenation with Hydrogen-Storage Materials: An Overview, Rita Chamoun, Umit B. Demirci, and Philippe Miele, Energy Technol. 2015, 3, 100 – 117-α-Na2Ni2Fe(PO4)3: a dual positive/negative electrode material for sodium ion batteries, R. Essehli, I. Belharouak, H. Ben Yahia, R. Chamoun, B. Orayech, B. El Bali, K. Bouziane, X. L. Zhou and Z. Zhou. Dalton Trans., 2015, 44, 4526-4532
- Insight into Sulfur Reactions in Li-S Batteries, Xu, Rui; Belharouak, Ilias; Zhang, Xiaofeng; Chamoun, Rita; Yu, Cun; Ren, Yang; Nie, Anmin; Shahbazian-Yassar, Reza; Lu, Jun; Li, James; Amine, Khalil, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2014, 6, 21938−21945
- From soil to lab: Utilization of clays as catalyst supports in hydrogen generation from sodium borohydride fuel, R. Chamoun, B. Demirci, D. Cornu, Y. Zaatar, R. Khoury, A. Khoury, P. Miele, Fuel, Volume 90, Issue 5, May 2011, Pages 1919–1926