Dr. Rima IsaifanScientist | Materials Science and Engineering
Dr. Isaifan’s research focuses on Heterogeneous Catalysis, Self-induced Electrochemical Promotion of Catalysis, Nanotechnology for Environmental Applications, Nanomaterial Development and Characterization, Self-cleaning Coatings for Photovoltaic Modules, and Carbon Dioxide Capture and Utilization.
- Undergraduate studies in Chemical Engineering, University of Jordan, Jordan,1999.
- Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering with fast track to Ph.D., University of Ottawa, Canada, 2011.
- Ph.D. with Highest Honor in Chemical Engineering, University of Ottawa, Canada, 2014.
Rima Isaifan joined QEERI as a scientist in 2015 in the Material Science and Engineering Group. Her current research focuses on developing self-cleaning coatings for PV modules, development of task-specific ionic liquids for carbon dioxide capture and utilization, electrochemical performance and durability testing of SOFC with functionally graded nanostructured-cathode materials. Prior to her employment at QEERI, Rima was a fellow researcher at the Catalysis Center for Research and Innovation in Ottawa/Canada. She was selected to work on a VIP DuPont project to utilize heterogeneous catalysis for polymer green applications. Previously, she was a planning engineer for 5 years in the Water Network Directorate at Qatar General Electricity & Water Corporation in Qatar.
- Faculty of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies-Dean's Award, 2011 & 2014
- University of Ottawa Excellence and Admission Scholarships, 2011-2015
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship, 2012-2015.
- 16th, 17th and 18th Excellence Ceremony certificate, University of Ottawa, 2012, 2013 and 2014
- Performance Recognition Certificate, Qatar General Electricity & Water Corporation, Ministry of Energy, Doha- Qatar, 2006
- R. J. Isaifan, S. Ntais, M. Couillard, E. A. Baranova, "Size-dependent activity of Pt/yttria-stabilized zirconia catalyst for wireless electrooxidation of ethylene and carbon monoxide in oxygen free environment", Journal of Catalysis 324 (2015) 32-40.
- R. J. Isaifan, William D. Penwell, Joao O. C. Filizzola, Javier B. Giorgi, E. A. Baranova, "Platinum nanoparticles supported on SmFeO3 novel perovskite group for carbon monoxide and ethylene oxidation", Journal of Topics in Catalysis 58 (2015) 1218-1227.
- R. J. Isaifan, E. A. Baranova, "Effect of ionically conductive supports on the catalytic activity of platinum and ruthenium nanoparticles for ethylene complete oxidation", Catalysis Today 241 (2014) 107-113
- R. J. Isaifan, E. A. Baranova, "Catalytic electrooxidation of volatile organic compounds by oxygen-ion conducting ceramics in oxygen-free gas environment", Electrochemistry Communications 27 (2013) 164-167