Dr. Rashad Al-GaashaniPost Doc | Theory, Modeling, and Simulation
Rashad Al-Gaashani research interests focus on synthesis and characterization of metal oxide nanostructures, quantum dots and nanocomposites. At the present time, his research is focused on synthesis inorganic transport nanomaterials for Perovskite based solar cells.
- B.Ed. on Physics/Mathematics, IBB University, Republic of Yemen, 1999.
- M.Sc. King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM), Saudi Arabia, 2008.
- Ph.D Degree on Materials Science, UKM, Malaysia, 2012.
Rashad Al-Gaashani obtained his PhD degree in Materials Science from School of Applied Physics, Faculty of Science and Technology, UKM, Malaysia in 2012. Recently, he joined the Qatar Environment and Energy Research Institute in 2016 as a Post Doc. Before joining QEERI at Hamad Bin Khalifa University, he had served as head of the physics department at Thamar University, Republic of Yemen for two years and as assistant professor in materials science for three years. During that period, he taught many undergraduate courses such as Quantum Mechanics, Nuclear Physics, Electromagnetic Theory I & II, Classical Mechanics, Electric Circuits, Vibrations and Waves, Phys. 101 and Phys. 102. His research interests are focused on thin film devices and carbon nanotubes, synthesis and characterization of metal oxide nanostructures, quantum dots and nanocomposites. He published 10 peer reviewed international journal papers and 7 conference proceedings. He reviewed many manuscripts submitted for publication in various international journals.
- Ph.D Degree: Excellent Award (UKM in Malaysia). 2012
- B.Ed. in Physics/Mathematics, 2nd Class with honors, (IBB University in Yemen). June (1999)
- Al-Gaashani, R., Radiman, S., Daud, A. R., Tabet, N., & Al-Douri, Y. (2013). XPS and optical studies of different morphologies of ZnO nanostructures prepared by microwave methods. Ceramics International, 39(3), 2283-2292.
- Al-Gaashani, R., Radiman, S., Tabet, N., & Daud, A. R. (2013). Rapid synthesis and optical properties of hematite (α-Fe2O3) nanostructures using a simple thermal decomposition method. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 550, 395-401.
- Al-Gaashani, R., Radiman, S., Tabet, N., & Daud, A. R. (2011). Effect of microwave power on the morphology and optical property of zinc oxide nano-structures prepared via a microwave-assisted aqueous solution method. Materials Chemistry and Physics, 125(3), 846-852.
- Al-Gaashani, R., Radiman, S., Tabet, N., & Daud, A. R. (2011). Synthesis and optical properties of CuO nanostructures obtained via a novel thermal decomposition method. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 509(35), 8761-8769.