Dr. Rachid EssehliSenior Scientist | Energy Storage
Design of new polyanionic compound for Li- and Na-ion batteries
- Ph.D, 2007 in “Solid State Chemistry and Materials Science; Faculty of Sciences Fès Morocco
- DESA (Master’s Degree) in Physical-chemistry of Materials; 2002, University of Casablanca, Morocco
- Maîtrise sciences spécialisées, (Bachelor Degree); 2000 in Chemistry University of Fes, Morocco
Dr. Rachid Essehli is a Senior Scientist at Qatar Environment and Energy Research Institute (QEERI), Qatar Foundation. Dr. Essehli received his Ph.D. degree in Solid State Chemistry and Materials Science, from the University Mohammed Ben Abdellah, Fes, Morocco, in 2007. In his Ph.D. he studied the structures and phase transitions of inorganic and hybrid dihydrogen-diphosphates under non-ambient conditions. Thereafter, he had a one year postdoctoral fellowship at the LMPC laboratory, Mulhouse, France, where he developed synthesis processes for microporous gallophosphates including Zeolites. In 2008, he joined SUBATECH laboratory, Nantes, France, as a research associate where he developed new oxyphosphates and allaudites for lithium and sodium-ion batteries. His scientific works have resulted in more than 40 journal papers and several meeting papers and abstracts.
- Alluaudite Na2Co2Fe (PO4) 3 as electroactive material for sodium ion batteries. R Essehli, I Belharouak, H Ben Yahia, K Maher, A Abouimrane, B Orayech, S Calder, XL Zhou, Z Zhou, YK Sun., Dalton Transactions., 2015,44, 7881-7886
- -α-Na2Ni2Fe(PO4)3: a dual positive/negative electrode material for sodium ion batteries. R Essehli, I Belharouak, H Ben Yahia, R Chamoun, B Orayech, B El Bali, K Bouziane, XL Zhou, Z Zhou Dalton Transactions 44 (10), 4526-4532
- R. Essehli, B. El Bali, A. Faik, M. Naji, S. Benmokhtar, Y.R. Zhong, L.W. Su, Z. Zhou, J. Kim K. Kang, M. Dusek, Iron titanium phosphates as high-specific-capacity electrode materials for lithium ion batteries, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2014, 585, Pages 434-441.
- R. Essehli, B. El Bali, A. Faik, S Benmokhtar, B. Manoun, Y. Zhang, X. J. Zhang, Z. Zhou and H. Fuess Structural changes upon lithium insertion in Ni0.5TiOPO4 J. Alloys and Compounds 530 (2012) 178