Dr. Pierre KubiakSenior Scientist | Energy Storage
Dr. Kubiak’s research focuses on two main topics: (1) the development of new electrode materials for Li –ion and Na-ion batteries, and (2) post-mortem analysis and failure diagnostic of aged Li-ion batteries.
- PhD degree, Chemistry of Solids, Laboratoire des Agrégats Moléculaires et Matériaux Inorganiques, University Montpellier II, France (2003).
- Master’s Degree Chemistry of Bio-molecules and Chemistry of Solids, University Montpellier II, France (2000)
- BS in chemistry, University of Artois, France (1997)
Dr. Kubiak is a chemist specialized in the field of Li-ion batteries. He joined the energy storage group within the energy sciences and technology division to work as a Senior Scientist on several battery related projects. Before joining QEERI he was working as staff researcher at CIC Energigune (Spain) where he was involved in academic and applied projects related to the Li-ion and Na-ion battery technologies.
- High surface area crystalline titanium dioxide: potential and limits in electrochemical energy storage and catalysis T. Fröschl, U. Hörmann, P. Kubiak, G. Kucerova, M. Pfanzelt, C.K. Weiss, R.J. Behm, N. Hüsing, U. Kaiser, K. Landfester, M. Wohlfahrt-Mehrens Chemical Society Reviews 51 (2012) 5313.
- TiO2 anatase nanoparticle networks: synthesis – structure –electrochemical performance P. Kubiak, T. Fröschl, N. Hüsing, U. Hörmann, U. Kaiser, R. Schiller, C. K. Weiss, K. Landfester, M. Wohlfahrt-Mehrens, Small 7 (2011) 1690
- Phase Transition in the Spinel Li4Ti5O12 induced by Lithium Insertion. Influence of the Substitutions Ti/V, Ti/Mn, Ti/Fe. P. Kubiak, A. Garcia, M. Womes, L. Aldon, J. Olivier-Fourcade, P.E. Lippens, J.C. JUMAS. J. Power Sources 119-121 (2003) 626.