Nassma MohandesResearch Associate | Measurement Science and Analytics
Nassma’s major research interests focus on Information systems, solar resources assessment, prediction and atmospheric sciences. She has particular interest also in applying data mining techniques to solve the complex problem of the chaotic nature of the processes involved in the weather and climate.
- B.Sc. degree with honors in Computer Engineering, Qatar University.
- M.Sc., Computing, Qatar University, 2013.
- Ph.D. (student) Electrical and Computer Engineering, Texas A&M University, USA, 2015-2019
Prior joining QEERI, Mohandes was working with Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF) for 3 years where she provided all levels of technical and user support, maintenance, and resolution of software applications issues, Perform timely and regular backup operations for QNRF database and SQL DB administration. Nassma currently is working as a research associate in the Measurements and analytics group and doing her Phd in Electrical and computer engineering.
- Thenaa Award from Director of Qatar National Research Fund, 2011
- Golden Medal of Excellence from Qatar University, 2008
- First prize at UREP Second Competition, 2010
- Study Scholarship by Emir of Qatar, 2004
- Real-Time Traffic Surveillance Using Zigbee, International Conference on Computer Design and Applications (ICCDA 2010), China, June 2010
- Effective Recommendation Of Reviewers For Research Proposals, Qatar Foundation Annual Research Conference, 2014
- An adaptive multi-modeling approach to solar nowcasting, Solar Energy Feb 2016