Dr. Marwan K. KhraishehActing Executive Director | Executive Director Office
Advanced Materials Processing and Manufacturing for energy and sustainable applications
- Ph.D.: Mechanical Engineering Washington State University, Pullman, WA, USA.1996
- MS: Mechanical Engineering Washington State University. Pullman, WA, USA. 1992
- B.Sc.: Mechanical Engineering University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan. 1990
Dr. Khraisheh joined the Qatar Environment and Energy Research Institute (QEERI) in 2013 as a Senior Research Director, leading the research groups on: Materials Science and Engineering, Solar Energy and Energy Storage. Prior to joining QEERI, Dr. Khraisheh was the founding Dean of Engineering at the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology between 2008 and 2013. He served as the Acting Provost until June 2009. Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, located in Abu Dhabi, U.A.E., is a private, not-for-profit, independent, graduate-level, research-driven university focused on clean energy and sustainable technologies developed with the support and cooperation of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). He lead the development of eight academic graduate engineering programs, an interdisciplinary doctoral program and the recruitment of more than 80 engineering faculty members over this tenure at Masdar Institute. Prior to joining Masdar Institute, Dr. Khraisheh was a tenured and endowed Professor and the Director of Undergraduate Studies in the Mechanical Engineering Department at the University of Kentucky.
- Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), 2015
- Fellow, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Member, International Academy of Production Engineers (CIRP)
- US National Science Foundation CAREER Award
- Henry Mason Lutes Award for Excellence in Education, University of Kentucky
- M. Eugene Merchant Outstanding Young Manufacturing Engineer Award, SME International, 2004
- Khaled A Mahmoud, Bilal Mansoor, Ali Mansour, Marwan Khraisheh, 2015, “Functional graphene nanosheets: The next generation membranes for water desalination”, Desalination, vol. 356, pp 208-225.
- Abdullah Khalil, Boor Singh Lalia, Raed Hashaikeh, Marwan Khraisheh, 2013, “Electrospun metallic nanowires: Synthesis, characterization, and applications”, Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 114, 171301.
- Darras B., Khraisheh M. K., Abu-Farha F. and Omar M., “Friction Stir Processing of AZ31 Commercial Magnesium Alloy”, Journal of Materials Processing and Technology, Vol. 191(1-3), pp. 77-81, 2007.
- Gupta G., El-Ghannam A., Kirakodu S., Khraisheh M. K. and Zbib H., “Enhancement of Osteoblastic Gene Expression by Mechanically Compatible Porous Nanocomposite”, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research: Applied Biomaterials, Vol. 81B(2), pp. 387-396, 2007.
- Khan S. and Khraisheh M. K., “A New Criterion for Mixed Mode Fracture Initiation Based on the Crack Tip Plastic Core Region”, International Journal of Plasticity, Vol. 20, 55-84, (2004).
PT1 Abu-Farha, F. and Khraisheh M. K., “Uniaxially-Driven Controlled Biaxial Testing Fixture”. Date Issued May 11, 2010. US Patent number 7712379
PT2 Shuaib, N. and Khraisheh, M.K., “Method and apparatus for characterizing microscale formability of thin sheet materials”. Date Issued October 25, 2011. US Patent number 8042405