Dr. Marie BuffièreScientist | Solar Energy
Synthesis/ Characterization/ Simulations of thin film solar cells (chalcopyrite, kesterite, perovskite); interface/surface engineering
- Master’s Degree on Material Sciences, University of Poitiers, France. 2008
- PhD on Material Sciences, University of Nantes, France, 2011
After her PhD study on CIGS thin film solar cells, she joined imec (Leuven, Belgium) in 2012 as a post-doctoral researcher in the PV Novel Materials group. She worked on the synthesis, characterization and simulation of sputtered CZTS thin film solar cells. She also coordinated a SBO project (PhyCIGS) on the development of printed CIGSe solar cells, and participated in the elaboration of competitive research projects and funding proposals (H2020, IWT-SBO). In parallel, she gave lectures and organized workshops on PV at the Katholic University of Leuven (KUL, Belgium), and she supervised several PhD and Msc students. She is (co)author of nearly 40 peer-reviewed publications, as well as several conference publications and presentations.
- Buffière M., El Mel A.-A., Lenaers N., Brammertz G., Zaghi A. E., Meuris M., Poortmans J. (2015). Surface Cleaning and Passivation Using (NH4)2S Treatment for Cu(In,Ga)Se2 Solar Cells: A Safe Alternative to KCN. Advanced Energy Materials, 5: . doi: 10.1002/aenm.201401689.
- Buffière M., Barreau N., Arzel L., Zabierowski P. and Kessler J. (2015), Minimizing metastabilities in Cu(In,Ga)Se2/(CBD)Zn(S,O,OH)/i-ZnO-based solar cells, Prog. Photovolt: Res. Appl., 23, p.462–469.
- Buffière M., Brammertz G., Batuk M., Verbist C., Mangin D., Koble C., Hadermann J., Meuris M., Poortmans J. (2014) Microstructural analysis of 9.7% efficient Cu2ZnSnSe4 thin film solar cells
- Applied Physics Letters 105 (18), 183903
- Buffière M., Zaghi A.E., Lenaers N., Batuk M., Khelifi S., Drijkoningen J., Hamon J., Stesmans A, Kepa J., Afanas’ev V., Hadermann J., D’Haen J., Manca J., Vleugels J.,Meuris M., Poortmans J. (2014) Effect of Binder Content in Cu–In–Se Precursor Ink on the Physical and Electrical Properties of Printed CuInSe2 Solar Cells, J. Phys. Chem. C, 118 (47), pp 27201–27209.