Dr. Kenza MaherScientist | Energy Storage
The scientific research focuses on development and implementation of new generation lithium-ion and sodium-ion batteries for application in electrical energy storage (EES) systems.
- Bachelor on chemistry, faculty of sciences, Ben M’Sik, University Hassan II Mohammedia, Casablanca, Morocco, 2004.
- Master’s Degree on Physical-chemistry of solid materials, LCMS, faculty of sciences, Ben M’Sik, University Hassan II Mohammedia, Casablanca, Morocco, 2006.
- PhD on energetic material for Li-ion batteries, LCME, FST Marrakech, University Cadi Ayyad, Marrakech, Morocco, 2011.
Dr Kenza Maher is Scientist at Qatar Environment and Energy Research Institute (QEERI) member of Qatar foundation. Before joining QEERI, she has more than 10 years of experience in lithium-ion battery research field. Dr. Maher was a Project Leader and Research Fellow at Joint Future Mobility Research Lab with BMW Group and Nanyang University and Energy Research Institute @ Nanyang Technological University (ERI@N) Singapore. Her research focused on battery safety.
Dr Kenza Maher received her PhD from Cadi Ayyad University (Marrakech, Morocco) in January 2011. Her PhD focused on development of new phosphates for high energy lithium-ion batteries. During her PhD, she was a Guest Researcher on Li-ion battery at Angström Laboratory, Department of Material Chemistry, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden.
After her PhD, she joined the Energy Research Institute @ Nanyang Technological University (ERI@N, Singapore) and TUM CREATE, as Research Fellow. She worked on the development of a new method to determine the battery, State of charge (SOC) and state of health (SOH) based on its thermodynamics properties.
- Ph.D scholarship for excellent students, by the National Centre of Scientific and Technical Research (CNRST) Morocco.
- First Prize of Master’s degree.
- A study of lithium ion batteries cycle aging by thermodynamics techniques, K Maher, R Yazami, Journal of Power Sources 247 (2014) 527-533.
- Effect of overcharge on entropy and enthalpy of lithium-ion batteries, K Maher, R Yazami, Electrochimica Acta 101 (2013) 71-78.
- The electrochemical behaviour of the carbon-coated Ni0.5TiOPO4 electrode material, K Maher, K Edström, I Saadoune, T Gustafsson, M Mansori Journal of Power Sources 196 (5) (2011) 2819-2825.
- Synthesis and characterization of carbon-coated Li0.5Ni0.25TiOPO4 anode material, K Maher, K Edström, I Saadoune, T Gustafsson, M Mansori, Electrochimica Acta 54 (23) (2009) 5531-5536.