Dr. Jayaprakash SaththasivamScientist | Water Desalination and Reuse
- Heat and Mass Transfer - Water Treatment and Reuse - Micro-bubble Technology - Pilot-scale assessment - Fault Detection and Diagnostics - Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
B. Eng Mechanical-Aeronautical, University Teknologi Malaysia, 2005
PhD Mechanical Engineering, National University of Singapore, 2011
Dr. Saththasivam, Jayaprakash graduated with First Class Honors (Mechanical-Aeronautics Engineering) from University Teknologi Malaysia in 2005 and with a PhD in Mechanical Engineering from National University of Singapore (2011). He has worked as a Utility Engineer in Malaysia where he supervised the operation and maintenance of cryogenic liquid production plant and water treatment plants. Jaya also worked as a Research Engineer in the Center for Offshore and Research Engineering (CORE) and as a Research Fellow in Dept. of Mechanical Engineering (NUS) during his time in Singapore. He is also a co-founder of an engineering start-up company that specializes in liquid-gas mixing system using micro-bubble technology. Prior to joining QEERI, Jaya was working as a Research Scientist in Water Desalination and Reuse Center, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology. At KAUST, he was responsible for designing and commissioning pilot plants related to hybrid thermal desalination and seawater treatment (disinfection).
Best Paper Award: Prediction of Chiller Power Consumption: An Entropy Generation, 6th International Meeting on Advanced Thermodynamics, IMAT 2013
Competent International Toastmasters (CTM) Award – 2006
- Saththasivam, J., Ng. K.C. 2008. Predictive and Diagnostic Methods for centrifugal chillers. ASHRAE Transactions.
- Saththasivam, J., Tang, G., Ng. K.C. 2010. Evaluation of the Simple Thermodynamic Model (Gordon and Ng Universal Chiller Model) as a Fault Detection and Diagnosis Tool for On-Site Centrifugal Chillers. International Journal of Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Saththasivam, J., Ng. CT., Ng. KC., Choo. YS., 2010, Ice slurry formation in sea water using direct contact cooling of cryogenic liquid. 9th International Conference on Sustainable Energy Technologies
- Wen, L.H., Ismail, A., Menon,P.M., Saththasivam, J., Thu,K., Ng, K.C. 2011. Case studies of microbubbles in wastewater treatment, Desalination and Water Treatment 30, no. 1-3 (1): 10-16.