Dr. Islam BayramScientist | Measurement Science and Analytics
Stochastic modeling, control, and optimization of smart power grids and communication networks.
- (Undergraduate studies on Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Dokuz Eylul University, Izmir, Turkey, 2007
- Master’s Degree on Telecommunications, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA. 2010
- PhD on Computer Engineering, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, USA, 2013
Between 2007-2008, Islam worked as a network engineer at Turk Telekom, Istanbul. Then he moved to USA for his graduate studies. Between 2009-2010 he worked as a research assistant at the University of Pittsburgh and between 2010-2013 he worked as a teaching assistant at North Carolina State University. During Jun-Sept. 2011 and May –Aug 2013, he worked as a research intern at the NSF Future Renewable Electric Energy Delivery and Management Systems Center. After his completion of his graduate study, between 2014 -2015, he worked at Texas A&M at Qatar as a postdoctoral scientist. Since Jan. 2015 he has been working for the QEERI’s Grid Integration team.
- Texas A&M Research Excellence Travel Award, 2014
- Best Paper Award, IEEE International Conference on Smart Grid Communications, 2012
- NSF Student Travel Grant, 2011
I. S. Bayram, A. Tajer, M Abdallah, and K. Qaraqe "Control and Capacity Planning Framework for EV Charging Stations with Multi-Class Customers", IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 2015
- I. S. Bayram, I. Papapanagiotou", A Survey on Communication Technologies for Internet of Electric Vehicles", Eurasip Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, 2014
- I. S. Bayram, G. Michailidis, M. Devetsikiotis, and F. Granelli "Electric Power Allocation in a Network of Fast Charging Stations", IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, 2013