Dr. Huda Al-SulaitiScientist | Environmental and Chemical Science
Dr. al-Sulaiti will be focusing on investigating the levels of radioactivity concentrations in the co-produced water, treated water, seawater and groundwater in land-based oil field areas and around offshore platforms in order to estimate the associated health risk to further explore the beneficial use and the suitable and feasible treatment options that will positively contribute in achieving Qatar’s water security goal.
- Ph.D., University of Surrey, 2011, Guildford, UK. Research Title: Determination of Natural Radioactivity Levels of the State of Qatar using Gamma-ray Spectrometry.
- M.Sc. in Radiation & Environmental Protection (with distinction in the dissertation), 2004, University of Surrey, Guildford, UK. Research dissertation (title: Characterization Thalium-Bromo-Iodide (KSR-5) for Detection of Radiation.
- B.Sc. in Physics (Education), Qatar University, 1993, Doha-Qatar.
Huda Al-Sulaiti is a scientist in the water quality and water reuse at QEERI. She is covering the Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials (NORM) in water. She served as Assistant Professor at Qatar University before joining QEERI in 2015.Dr. Huda Al-Sulaiti is considered one of the Top Influential Women in radiation protection due to the position she held in the Ministry of Environment as a Director for the Radiation Protection and Chemicals Department and representing Qatar at the IAEA for Technical Cooperation in nuclear applications. She has over 22 years of working experience in the field of environmental, radiation protection and teaching physics. She has represented the State also in many regional and international events on environment, radiation protection, nuclear safety and nuclear security and has also led technical delegations in regional and international negotiations on Minamata Convention on Mercury. She is a LPI for two QNRF's projects and an external consultant and PI in other national and regional projects in the area of NORM & has more than 12 published articles.
- Al-Sulaiti, H., Regan P. H., Bradley D. A., Malain D., et al., A preliminary report on the determination of natural radioactivity levels of the State of Qatar using high-resolution gamma-ray spectrometry. Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment, 2010. 619(1-3): p. 427-431.
- Al-Sulaiti, Huda, Alkhomashi N., Al-Dahan N., Al-Dosari M., et al., Determination of the natural radioactivity in Qatarian building materials using high-resolution gamma-ray spectrometry. Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment, 2011, 652(1-1): p. 915-919.
- Huda Al-Sulaiti, Tabassum Nasir, K.S. AlMugren, et al., Determination of the Natural Radioactivity Levels in North West of Dukhan, Qatar Using High-Resolution Gamma-ray Spectrometry, Proceedings of the 8th International Topical Meeting on Industrial Radiation and Radioisotope Measurement Applications (IRRMA-8) Applied Radiation and Isotopes, July 2012, Volume 70, Issue 7, p 1344–1350.