Dr. Hassan AbdulrahimScientist | Water Desalination and Reuse
Modeling and simulation of desalination systems Solar cooling and desalination system Desalination processes development Absorption systems Multi-objective optimization of energy systems Power systems; internal combustion engines and power plants. HVAC systems
- Bachelor on Mechanical Engineering, Helwan University, Cairo, Egypt, 1989.
- Master’s Degree on Mechanical Engineering, Helwan University, Cairo, Egypt, 1994.
- PhD on Mechanical Engineering, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt, 2006.
Area of specialization is desalination, energy systems simulation & optimization, and second law & exergy analysis of thermal systems. At QEERI, working in desalination process innovation and optimization; focusing on the absorption assisted desalination processes and solar systems for desalination and air conditioning applications. Since graduation, I worked as a demonstrator at Helwan University until 1994 then as a research assistant at Kuwait University until 1995; I worked as a lecturer assistant until 2013 at Mechanical Engineering Dept., Kuwait University until joined QEERI, in Feb 2013. During work at Kuwait University, I taught underground courses and conducted many short courses for the industrial sectors, and awarded many certificates for that. I published 23 research papers 6 of them in international journals and one book.
- Hassan K. Abdulrahim and Mohamed A. Darwish, “Thermal desalination and air conditioning using absorption cycle”, Desalination and Water Treatment, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/19443994.2014.939492, 2014.
- Hassan K. Abdulrahim and Fuad N. Alasfour “Multi-Objective Optimisation of hybrid MSF RO desalination system using Genetic Algorithm”, International Journal of Exergy, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 387-424, 2010.
- M. A. Darwish, H. Abdulrahim, A. Hassan, and A. Sharif, “Retrofitting the Combined Cycle Producing Electric Power and Desalted Seawater to include District Cooling in GCC,” Desalination and Water Treatment, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/19443994.2015.1007172, 2015.