Dr. Fanilo RamasomananaScientist | Theory, Modeling, and Simulation
Dr. Ramasomanana’s research interests are on: Modeling of flow and mass transfer in saturated and unsaturated porous media; Modeling multispecies reactive transport; Modeling multiphase flow and multicomponent transport; and Development of advanced numerical methods for groundwater processes
- Bachelor of Sciences in Mechanics at University of Strasbourg, France. 2006
- Master of Sciences (Fluids & Environment) at University of Strasbourg, France. 2008
- PhD on Flow and Transport in Porous Media at University of Strasbourg. 2012
Before joining QEERI, Dr. Ramasomanana worked as a Postdoc at the Laboratory of Hydrogeology and Geochemistry of Strasbourg (LHyGeS) from July 2012 till December 2015 where he worked on the development of a numerical tool for modeling multiphase flow and multicomponent transport with the Method Of Lines (MOL). Previously he worked from October 2008 till May 2012 as a Research Assistant at the University of Strasbourg – France. His research subject was the modeling of water flow with the Mixed Hybrid Finite Element Method and the resolution of mass transfer with the Eulerian-Lagrangian Localized Adjoint Method.
Dr. Ramasomanana has also taught at the University of Strasbourg – Department of Physics & Engineering, and at University Institute of Technology Louis Pasteur (IUT) where he was responsible of Mechanics, Informatics Projects & Engineering Sciences.
- Thesis Award from the University of Strasbourg. 2013
- Belfort B., Ramasomanana F., Younes A., and Lehmann F.: 2009. An efficient Lumped Mixed Hybrid Finite Element formulation for variably saturated groundwater flow. Vadose Zone Journal, 8, 352-362. DOI : 10.2136/vzj2008.0108.
- Ramasomanana F., and Younes A.: 2012. Efficiency of the Eulerian Lagrangian Localized Adjoint Method for solving advection-dispersion equation on highly heterogeneous media, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids (69), 3, 639–652. DOI: 10.1002/fld.2578.
- Ramasomanana F., Younes A., and Fahs M.: 2012. Modeling 2D Multispecies Reactive Transport in Saturated/Unsaturated Porous Media with the Eulerian– Lagrangian Localized Adjoint Method, Water, Air, & Soil Pollution (223), 4, 1801- 1813. DOI: 10.1007/s11270-011-0985-4.
- Ramasomanana F., Younes A., and Ackerer P.: 2013. Estimation of macrodispersion in 2-D highly heterogeneous porous media using the Eulerian-Lagrangian Localized Adjoint Method, Water Resources Research, 49, DOI:10.1029/2012WR012228.