Dunia Antoine BachourResearch Associate | Solar Energy
Currently working on the “Qatar Solar Atlas”, consisting of the deployment throughout Qatar of a network of ground solar radiation monitoring stations in order to produce high spatial and temporal resolution solar maps in combination with satellite-derived solar radiation data. She is pursuing her doctoral studies in the same field with the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB).
- B.Sc. in Physics. Lebanese University, Beirut, Lebanon, 2002
- M.Sc. in Physics. Imaging and Radiation in Medicine, Radiological Physics. University of Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France, 2003.
- DQPRM, Qualification Diploma in Medical and Radiation Physics, Institut National des Sciences et Techniques Nucléaires INSTN, Paris, France, 2004.
Dunia Bachour is a research associate in the Solar Energy Group at QEERI. Before joining QEERI she worked as a clinical medical physicist in university hospitals in Lebanon, France & Switzerland and has conducted research related to medical and radiation physics; the main activities included the acceptance testing, commissioning and installation of linear accelerators for treatment in radio-oncology department, dosimetry and control of all treatment devices and techniques such as tomotherapy, brachytherapy, Stereotaxy, IMRT, dosimetry treatment plannification, and development of new techniques in dosimetry.
- D. Bachour, D. Perez-Astudillo. Deriving solar direct normal irradiance using lidar-ceilometer. Solar Energy 110, 316-324
- D. Bachour, D. Perez-Astudillo. Ground measurements of Global Horizontal Irradiation in Doha, Qatar. Renewable Energy 71, 32-36
- D. Bachour, D. Perez-Astudillo. Boundary layer height measurements over Doha using Lidar, Energy Procedia 57, 1086-1091.