Dr. Carmen LopezSenior Scientist | Energy Storage
Dr. Carmen M. López is a specialist in the electrochemistry of electrode interphases used for energy storage and photo-electrochemical devices.
- Bachelor of Science, Interamerican University of Puerto Rico 1999
- PhD in Inorganic Chemistry, Purdue University, Indiana (USA) 2007
Dr. Carmen M. López is a specialist in morphology-property relationships for advanced electrode materials used in electrochemical and photo-electrochemical devices. She graduated from Purdue University in Indiana (USA) with a doctorate in inorganic chemistry-electrochemistry in 2007, and completed post-doctoral appointments at Argonne National Laboratory in Illinois (USA) and at the Center for Solar Energy and Hydrogen Research (ZSW) in Baden-Württemberg, Germany. After her post-doctoral appointments she joined CIC Energigune in the Basque Country, Spain, where she worked on setting up the laboratory facilities and lead the initiation of research activities in the lithium-based battery group. Currently, Dr. López is part of the Energy Storage group in QEERI, where she supports the activities in advanced batteries for the grid and the development of beyond lithium-ion technologies.
- Alice Watson Kramer Research Scholar Award, Purdue University, 2006
- Alfred P. Sloan Scholarship, 2001
- Medal of Chemistry, Interamerican University of Puerto Rico, 1999
- Sarasketa-Zabala, E.; Aguesse, F.; Villarreal, I.; Rodriguez-Martinez, L. M.; López, C. M.; Kubiak, P., Understanding lithium inventory loss and sudden performance fade in cylindrical cells during cycling with deep-discharge steps, J. Phys. Chem. C, 2015, 119, 896
- Lu, W.; López, C. M.; Liu, N.; Vaughey, J. T.; Jansen, A.; Dees, D.; Overcharge effect on morphology and structure of carbon electrode for lithium ion batteries, J. Electrochem. Soc., 2012, 159, A566
- López, C. M.; Vaughey, J. T.; Dees, D. W.; Insights into the role of interphasial morphology on the electrochemical performance of lithium electrodes, J. Electrochem. Soc. 2012, 159, A873
- López, C. M.; Choi, K.-S.; Electrochemical synthesis of dendritic zinc films composed of systematically varying motif crystals, Langmuir, 2006, 22, 10625. Invited paper