Dr. Ashraf Hassan HassanScientist | Water Desalination and Reuse
Dr. Hassan’s research is on thermal analysis for engineering systems especially for desalination and power plants. His worked on the coupling of desalination plants with nuclear and conventional power plants. He is focusing on how to create an efficient, reliable, environment friendly and economic thermal solar desalination systems and/or improve its performance.
- Ph. D., Mechanical engineering department, faculty of engineering, Cairo University. 2004
- M. Sc. In Mechanical engineering. Cairo University. 1997
- B. Sc. in Nuclear engineering, Alexandria University. Egypt. 1985
Dr. Ashraf is scientist working on the process design and techno-economic optimization of water production (desalination) and energy generation plants. He is also developing thermal analysis for engineering systems especially for desalination and power plants. Prior to joining QEERI, he was a researcher in Water & Environmental Engineering Dep. at Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Abu Dhabi, UAE. Ashraf Hassan was Mechanical Engineering Consultant at Al-Shabanat Consultant Office in Suadi Arabia. He also served as Manager of Planning and Following-up the Projects, Technical Affairs Sector, Nuclear Power Plants Authority (NPPA), Ministry of Electricity and Energy. Senior of Feasibility Studies, Technical Affairs Sector, NPPA, Ministry of Electricity and Energy. Nuclear Studies Engineer, NPPA, Ministry of Electricity and Energy.
- Hassan Fath, Ashraf Sadik, Toufic Mezher, “Present and future trend in the production and energy consumption of desalinated water in GCC countries”, Int. J. of Thermal & Environmental Engineering, Volume 5, No. 2 (2013) 155-165, doi: 10.5383/ijtee.05.02.008.
- Patricia Palenzuela, Ashraf S. Hassan, Guillermo Zaragoza, Diego-C. Alarcón-Padilla, “Steady state model for multi-effect distillation case study: Plataforma solar de Almería MED pilot plant”, Desalination, 337 (2014) 31-42, doi:10.1016/j.desal.2013.12.029.
- Mohamed Darwish, Ashraf Hassan, Rabi Mohtar, “Toward implementing HH the Amir Declaration of 2% electricity generation by solar energy in 2020”, Energy and Power Engineering, 2013, 5, 245-258, doi:10.4236/epe.2013.53024.
- A. S. Hassan and E. S. H. Fath, “Review and assessment of the newly developed MD for desalination processes,” Desalin. Water Treat., vol. 51 (1–3), pp. 574–585, 2013.