Dr. Amir Abdaldaim AbdallahScientist | Solar Energy
Solar cell device processing and characterization. Solar module performance & reliability
- PhD in Material Science (2007), Eindhoven University of Technology, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- MSc. in Mechanical Engineering (2002), Delft University of Technology, Delft, The Netherlands
Before joining QEERI, Dr. Abdallah was working at ASML (The Netherlands), in the YieldStar application, a metrology tool that allows measurement of on-product overlay using diffraction-based technique. As a Process Engineer at Sulzer Turbo Services (The Netherlands), he worked in the development of metallic and ceramic coatings for gas turbine components using Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) technique.
From 2008 to 2011, Dr. Abdallah worked in the development of amorphous silicon thin film materials for solar cells at the Center of Research Excellence on Renewable Energy, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals (Saudi Arabia).
After his PhD, Dr. Abdallah was appointed as a Process Development Engineer at OTB solar (The Netherlands) where he contributed to the startup, process optimization and characterization of a multi-crystalline silicon solar cell production line (Arise Technologies, Bischofswerda, Germany).
- AA Abdallah, D Kozodaev, PCP Bouten, JMJ Den Toonder, US Schubert, G de With. Thin Solid Films 503 (1), 167-176, 2006
- Eric Johlin, Nouar Tabet, Sebastián Castro-Galnares, Amir Abdallah, Mariana I Bertoni, Tesleem Asafa, Jeffrey C Grossman, Syed Said, Tonio Buonassisi. Physical Review B 85 (7), 075202, 2012
- AA Abdallah, PCP Bouten, JMJ Den Toonder, G de With. Thin Solid Films 516 (6), 1063-1073, 2008
- AA Abdallah, PCP Bouten, JMJ Den Toonder, G de With. Surface and Coatings Technology 205 (8), 3103-3111, 2011