QEERI is a mission-driven, project-based organization leading to tackle the national Energy and Water Security Grand Challenges.
These research projects fall into the following categories:
- Grand Challenge Projects: These long-term projects are the core-business of the institute, tackling the National Water and Energy Security Grand Challenges.
- Seed Projects: The seed fund program supports innovative, early-stage research. These are 9 projects. They explore new ideas and open new avenues of research, which have strong potential for advancing QEERI’s Grand Challenge projects and for attracting external funding and strategic partnerships.
- Sponsored Projects: These are externally funded projects, tackling topics relevant to energy and environment.
Our research is carried out by top scientists in the following groups:
- Solar Energy
- Energy Storage
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Water Desalination and Treatment
- Environment and Chemical Sciences
- Climate Change and Atmospheric Science
- heory, Modeling and Simulation
- Imaging, Characterization and Analytics
- Measurements and Analytics
- Inspiration Science (Exoplanets)