The Strategic Steering Committee for Energy and Water Security Research & Development (STEWARD) was established by Her Highness, the Chairperson of the Qatar Foundation and is chaired by Dr. Mohammed Bin Saleh Al-Sada, the Minister of Energy and Industry.
The STEWARD Committee:
- Provides Grand Challenge research & development programs with insights on strategic directions of Qatar, leading to a more unified energy/water strategy for the country.
- Facilitates connections with ministries and governmental stakeholders in Qatar.
- Ensures that the various stakeholders understand their roles and the roles of others, and coordinates activities among stakeholders to optimize resources and efforts. That is, the committee provides a common understanding (and buy in) of who is doing what, and facilitate leveraging stakeholders strengths and resources among themselves.
- Provides advice and input on the direction, progress, assumptions, and risks of Qatar’s grand challenge programs in energy and water.
- Evaluates and endorses the strategy, its implementation plan, timeline and budget of Qatar’s grand challenge programs.